Saturday, August 16, 2014

The Trip Of a Lifetime

You a baseball fan?
Yes? My husband will love you!
No? Great we can be friends!
Haha Just kidding.
I don't have anything against baseball. I played a little growing up in fact I do enjoy playing it. But as for watching in on TV. I would never do it on my spare time. Major league has never appealed to me. I have never had a team I LOVED to follow. But when you get married things change. You start to love the thing your spouse loves. I have come to love a good baseball game. I love to be at the field, watching and keeping my own score and stats for the game. Now I have a team. GO MARINERS! 
When it comes to watching it on TV.. I am still working on loving that.
Last September we got to go on a dream trip for my husband. 5 major league games, 5 different stadiums in 6 days. Now I wish I could take credit for this awesome dream. But the credit goes to my Father in Law. Who, planed the seed of baseball love in Andrew, couldn't have planned it better. We both will never forget how spoiled we were. What a trip.



We were spoiled with food. This trip we not only played hard, but we eat AMAZING.
I think this was one of my husbands favorites.. made my his Mom, homemade lobster dip.
Isaac was 8 weeks old, and he travel so SO good.
This happy baby also gave us his first smile on the trip. We loved it.




First Game
Philly's
(My personal favorite stadium) 



 Can't got to Philly with out getting an real Philly Cheese Steak.


Philly was good to us.


Now to New Your City!
2 games here.
Mets & Yankee








If you are in NY and you DON'T go to City Bakery and get a pretzel crescent you are making a BIG mistake. Seriously. Better then the famous frozen hot chocolate and serendipity. (ohh speaking of chocolate.. their hot chocolate is like a warm melted Hersey bar it so rich. so so rich and creamy. hmmmmm)



Its so SO amazing. We went twice!


(not pictured we stayed with THE NICEST COUPLE of all time. Andrew and I could not stop talking about how we want to be like them when we are older. They were so generous, kind, and loved each other, their kids and the Lord. Its amazing how much you can learn from people from just observing them for 24 hours.)

Now to the Yankee game!



This game was awesome. I loved it because the hit a grand slam. I was actually paying attention and rooting for them.. (much to their dismay)

We made a stop back in Connecticut, eat on the pear, walked along the board walk and dreamed about living on the coast. Its beautiful.


  





While in Conneticut we got to see where Andrews Dad has spent the last 4 years. Yale.



He has LOVED it here.

We stopped by an apple orchard and saw where the pressed fresh juice and made some amazing hot donuts and drank fresh apple cider. Isn't that just the perfect description of fall?! hmmm..




Stopped at a food truck and had some great tacos

Who wouldn't  inhale a home made fresh peach pie?
I think I had about 2 oh those huge slices.. and part of Andrews..
Cute Isaac. SOO glad he got to come with us. He was a CHAMP.

I stayed back while the boys went on to Andrews most anticipated game...
The Red Sox

 Andrews Mom made these awesome beards for them to wear so they could fit it with the players :)




The boys had to stop and get their crab cakes before the game.


Last up Camden Yards
Also a favorite stadium of mine...
 
 








Went to 'BAR' restaurant and had mash potato pizza.
weird?
AMAZING!
Before we flew out we stopped by the world trade center memorial.
That place. Breath taking in so so many ways.


 
This trip was amazing.
We loved every second of it.

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

That looks like a way fun trip. I bet Andrew was in heaven with all that baseball!