Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Eating Green ;)

You might think this post is about us eating healthy greens and being awesome that way..
Well.. its not.
Hah! Mostly just trying to join in with the tradition of eating/turning almost everything GREEN on St. Patricks day!

I have been experimenting a bit lately with making homemade yogurt.

My first batch was a bit runny.. not as thick as I would have hoped... Ohh well.. Still tasted good! So, we decided to make a smoothie out of it instead of letting my kids drip it all over with a spoon.
Because of St. P day... we experimented with a 
key lime yogurt smoothie....

1/2 lime
handful spinach
little bit of ice
and a lot of runny yogurt :)
We LOVED IT!
I guess with that much yogurt you can't go wrong :)
The kids inhaled it, and Andrew said "Mommy can make this anytime she wants to!" 
(he is the best ever :)
Needless to say, We had to make 2 batches... one we all shared.. then the next..
All Andrew's 2nds :D





So here we go again for a little bit of St. P pintrest food fun.

Mini Green German pancake clovers
  Lunch with a leprechaun and a pot of gold surrounded by green fruits.


   

 

  I got the stuff to make these cute little cups with my activity day girls :)
   

Ohh.. And I had a lot of fun with rainbows too.. in fact,
I liked my rainbows the best ;)
 


  


  

  

 

  

Green Chicken Pesto Alfredo, Green Jello, Green Salad, Green Key Lime Soda, Green Honey Butter for our 3 Leaf Clover Rolls, and a Fruit Rainbow landing in a pot of Chocolate Gold :)

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

5 comments:

Allison said...

I love all the green! Your creativity is so much fun, Sophie.

Haley and Mitch said...

You are out of control! I LOVE IT. Seriously though - out of control.

Anonymous said...

So cute Sophie! Hey...just wondering...How do you know Carol and Ken Bingham?

Sophie Weber said...

Tami... Carol is my Grandma!! How do YOU know them :) haha

Cassie Rowse said...

That's really cool! A tip for your runny yogurt-put it on a cheese cloth and it will drain the extra liquid. Don't do it too long though, or it'll turn into cheese.