Monday, April 22, 2013

Lucas is 2


Our Lucas Boy turned 2!
I can't believe it!  He had been prepped by Kennedy about some of the things he wanted or should expect for a birthday, :) but we had fun trying to keep our day busy doing all the things he loves and gets excited about.

He woke up and was THRILLED to find a scooter, (that was for him...:) with a helmet.. (that was unfortunately too small.. haha) a baseball bat and blocks.
It was fun, I just let the kids play all morning. They had a blast.

Grandma gave him a Cookie Monster shirt.
Now to my knowledge he has never seen Sesame Street, so I wouldn't think he would care too much. But He INSISTED on wearing his Monster shirt.. with shorts.
He has seen and heard that Daddy goes on a train. He loves to stop and watch it pass if we are lucky.
So we took him on his first train ride!
so excited for the train to come....


They each got their own seat... It was like Christmas! :)

This is Lucas showing us he is 2!
(he struggles holding up the 2 fingers.. so 2 hands works just as well:)

Got off the train to be greeted by Daddy!!
Then off for some lunch.

Yum!
Then back on the train..






He sat and flirted with the train host as we got off.. blowing her kisses, and all :)
 
Right as we got off it started to rain. So it was perfect timing for a nap :)

 I don't think we had even left the parking lot before he was out.
 
One thing I LOVE about Lucas are all his details. 
One of them that MELTS my heart are his eye lashes.. Maybe because they are mine :) Because they are so straight, you can only notice them when he is sleeping... And that sweet sleeping face just puts me in a puddle. :)


During nap time I had the best kitchen helper you can find to help me make cup cakes!
Although she has proof of chocolate snitching all over he face.. she was a great helper.


 Baseball cup cakes :)

After Lucas woke up, and after dinner with some of his cousins, he got to go on a Motorcycle ride with Dad!
I think Andrew was just as, if not more excited than Lucas for this part :)





Thanks Uncle Jake & Aunt Robyn for letting us borrow the bike! They LOVED IT!

Little miss non stop smiles here LOVED it too!

 

After the ride they went next door and got to pet some horses! This was not planned but I think it has been one of Lucas' highlights! 

Overall I think he had a fun day..... And so did we!
Happy Birthday Sweet Lucas Boy!

 (blowing out a little close for comfort...)

 
Showing off his Cookie Monster shirt/cupcake :)





Lucas at 2 years old LOVES:
Animals. He can look at animal books all day long. He surprised me with how quick he learned all the sounds. One of his favorite songs is Old McDonald  Which leads to his next fav..
Singing. He loves to sing. He loves to listen to me/Andrew sing to him. He always says "Do it again Mom!" Makes be feel good ;)
Bubbles.. Along with most kids, he loves bubbles! Bubbles are the highlight of the week at nursery.
Balls. He has always loved all thing balls. Baseball, football, soccer ball.. He almost demands to wear a "ball" shirt everyday. He will throw it, hit it, kick it or just hold it. I think his Dad is trying to train him into baseball...
Motorcycles , Trucks, Trains, Bikes, Airplanes, Scooters. If he sees any of those, he gets so exited to tell me about it.
Water. He is getting brave in the bath, but I think more than bath time he loves to spray, squirt or splash the water. 
Pushing around anything.. a stroller, toy, grocery cart.. laundry basket.. you name it. he loves to push it.
Being outside. It is next to impossible to keep him inside. If it's not raining outside.. he HAS to be out there. "I wanna go outside, Mom!"
Eating. He is a great eater. He is always asking me for dinner. No matter what time of day it is. Almost every meal he will out eat Kennedy, and sometimes me ;)
Anything Kennedy does or plays with (He loves her). They have a current obsession to fight off the 'MEAN GUYS!' We have a chant they say.. Mean guys Mean guys go away.. Nice guys Nice guys come and play!! You would be surprised where the mean guys are :)

5 comments:

Haley and Mitch said...

What. A. Stud. That cookie monster shirt is just perfect - and of course you have cookie monster cupcakes!

I love those kids. That Ken Ken is such a babe!

Lucas' eyelashes are amazing - you guys are in trouble with those gorgeous kids.

Great pictures, Sophie! Give that Lucas a big birthday hug for us!!

Marie said...

How fun! I love how well you catch everything on camera!

Elisabeth said...

Happy Birthday Lucas! What a fun day. We are so glad we got to celebrate with you. It was a blast! The cupcakes were really cute!

Allison said...

We love that Lucas boy. Happy birthday! What a sweetheart. It looks like he had such a fun day!

Mollie Anderson said...

Tell Lucas happy late birthday for us! I totally spaced it- I must not have it on my calendar.
We love you guys!